Annuities can be one of the best options for those who want to ensure they have sufficient retirement income. These policies offer a fixed rate of return based on the performance of a specific financial market, allowing the policy owners to enjoy the upsides of the stock market without risking the loss of the original investment.
These policies are tied to a specific market index, such as the S&P 500, with a rate cap on potential earnings and a guaranteed minimum return. Most of these policies provide a guarantee that the original investment will not be lost, even when the market goes down.
Benefits of Indexed Annuity Policies
The benefit of these policies includes:
- The potential for a higher rate of return on the invested funds.
- Protects the principal investment.
- Increases in value, tax-deferred.
- Guarantees income, whether monthly or lump-sum payout for retirement.
- Customizable to match individual needs.
- A death benefit provision that allows the policy owner to designate a beneficiary to receive the remaining funds in the account or a guaranteed minimum.
An indexed annuity may be a smart investment for investors who are interested in achieving some advantage for market growth without the risk of losing the original investment.
Read the Fine Print
If you are considering investing in an indexed annuity, you want to ensure the policy matches your specific objectives. You should work with a qualified local agent to choose the ideal indexed annuity product to suit your individual situation.